Popular Posts

Monday 19 October 2020

The Quarantine Movie Marathon - Part 2

 [For part 1, click here. As mentioned in the last post, spoilers ahead!]


Eat and Run (1987)


D to F

  • Dawn of the Dead (1978) - I'm pretty sure Savini is the only guy in Hollywood that has touched all corners of directing, acting, stuntsman work and sfx artist work. Anyway, I love that he just fucking pies a zombie and sprays it with seltzer like an leather-clad circus clown. [9/10]
  • Day of the Dead (1985) - My favourite zombie movie of all time. [9/10]
  • Dead Mary (2007) - The special effects are good but the film itself isn't engaging in the slightest. [5/10]
  • Dead Snow (2009) - If Day of the Dead is my favourite, Dead Snow is a close second. [9/10]
  • Dead Snow 2 (2014) - Gore effects are even better, the antagonist is more fleshed out (pun intended) and this film really leans into the bizarre and hysterically funny subject matter of the franchise. [8/10]
  • Death Becomes Her (1992) - This film turned me gay as a kid. [8/10]
  • Deliverance (1972) - Banjos have been ruined for me. [6/10]
  • Deliver Us From Evil (2014) - Despite its cliches, the imagery and sfx in this film are actually really fucking good? Surprisingly watchable. [7/10]
  • Demon Under Glass (2002) - Why is this b-movie so homoerotic and endearing? [7/10]
  • Diary of the Dead (2007) - Romero's later work isn't really my thing; none of the characters are likeable and I'm more excited about them getting eaten than surviving. [5/10]
  • Don't Look in the Basement (1973) - The sound levels are abysmal and so is the lighting: a disorientating horror film for all the wrong reasons. [7/10]
  • Eat and Run (1987) - This film is batshit, though I think it'd be even funnier high...or drunk...or both. [5/10]
  • Eden Log (2007) - I really like this film but it always leaves me feeling bleak as hell. [8/10]
  • Évolution (2015) - WHAT THE HELL IS THAT BABY THING? [5/10]
  • Excision (2012) - Thumbs up from the viewers with a blood fetish and a penchant for oddball protagonists. [8/10]
  • Fear Clinic (2014) - Poorly edited: not even Robert Englund could save this one. [4/10]
  • Feed (2005) - Interesting premise and social commentary but it lacks intelligence due to its poor execution; the protagonist is absolutely not a protagonist. [4/10]
  • Flesh Eater (1988) - This film drags on for waaay too long. [5/10]
  • Flesh for the Beast (2003) - Weirdest. rape scene. ever. [3/10]
  • Freaks (1932) - It's better than Dracula. I said what I said. [8/10]
  • Freddy's Dead: The Final Nightmare (1991) - Everyone hates it but I think the sixth Elm Street film is wacky and enjoyable as hell. [7/10]
  • Funny Games (2007) - I have no idea why Haneke decided to just remake his own film shot-for-shot but it's still good, even with an actress as terrible as Naomi Watts in it. [7/10]
  • From Within (2008) - Internalised homophobia killed him, the end. [6/10]

Next week: G to I


- K

No comments:

Post a Comment